As a leadership initiative and in order to better communicate and stay engaged with local chapters, the State Officer team has created a Google Form which requests the contact information of your Local Chapter Advisor and your Local President.
Click here to complete your contact information.
Get updates with Remind Texas BPA is introducing Remind, a one-way texting service that will allow us to send out reminders at the State Leadership Conference as well as general reminders about deadlines. Participation is completely optional and is being introduced as an additional form of communication so we highly encourage signing up.
Sign up Instructions:
Text: @txbpa15 to (210) 807-8291
Email: email@example.com (leave subject line and message blank)
News You Can Use
Whether you are a new advisor or more experienced, The
SOURCE is your National Connection with BPA. You
can share resources, view archived Webinar Wednesday links
and download chapter resources. You’ll need your
chapter login and password to access these resources.
Log in, click around and share:
We are TEXAS! If you are searching through your emails to
find that information, relax. We have updates and
information here for you from your State Advisor and the
Board of Directors. Stay informed!
- SLC Notes 2-2-15
- Welcome Back, Texas BPA! 9-2-14
BPA Update - Summer 2014
- Your BPA journey starts here
Texas State Association Report
2014-15 Competitive Events Update
Welcome back advisors, students and BPA supporters. We are excited to begin the new membership year. The online membership system will open on Friday, August 22. To access the online system, log onto
www.registermychapter.com/bpamem , select Member Log-in and enter your username/password.
- Please remember to update all of your contact information and change your password during your initial log-in. The 2014-2015 membership holds exciting member opportunities including the 2015 NLC in Anaheim, CA, the new BPA University online system, exciting competitive event and partner programs and a renewed Alumni Division!
- Start your membership year off right, join today and Imagine, Believe, Become with BPA!
News from your Officer Team
Holiday Greetings from your State Officer Team
Officer Team Fall Newsletter
Officer Team Goals 2014-15
Notes From The Chair
Jerry Burks, Texas Board of Directors Chair, shares her
notes on Texas BPA:
October Board Chair Report
Come work with us! We are currently seeking proposals for the following contracted services for Texas BPA:
- This position will be responsible for securing all judges for our State Leadership Conference. They will work closely with the Competitive Events Coordinator.
Competitive Events Coordinator
- This position will be responsible for arranging competition rooms and scheduling all sessions and events for the State Leadership Conference. They will work closely with the Judges Coordinator, Meeting Planner and State Advisor.
Texas BPA Chapter Cares Award:
Hey, Texas BPA! Have an active chapter that does community service and other activities and want to get recognized for it?
In its 2nd year of being an officer initiative, an award will be given to the chapter or individual who applies to be recognized for service to their community and chapter through the BPA Cares Program.
Chapter involvement and community service must be submitted by February 10, 2015 through the Pre-submission process on the
www.bpa.org web site. Do Not choose 2015 NLC – you must choose
In order to be eligible to receive recognition at the National level, you will have to reapply on the bpa.org website using the same process but selecting - 2015 NLC. The deadline as set by Nationals for that is March 25, 2015.
Scholarship Established in Honor of Outstanding BPA Member
Hunter Schwertner, former Area 4, Region 1 President and former Texas BPA State Secretary, passed away on August 19, 2014. Hunter was an active member of the Floydada BPA chapter. A scholarship has been established in his honor. BPA Regional Presidents and State Officers will be eligible to apply for this scholarship. Contributions can be sent to: Hunter Schwertner Memorial Scholarship, c/o Tasha Hughes, #1 Whirlwind Alley, Floydada, TX 79235.
- Looking for a fundraiser for your club activities? Texas BPA has partnered with Successful Promotions/Service Fundraising. Successful Promotions will donate 5% of your sales back to Texas BPA for our scholarship funds.
Contact Successful Promotions:
State Leadership Conferences
March 4-7, 2015 in Dallas, Texas
March 2-5, 2016 in Corpus Christi, Texas
March 1-4, 2017 in Dallas, Texas
National Leadership Conferences
May 6-10, 2015 in Anaheim, California
May 5-9, 2016 in Boston, Massachusetts
Congratulations to the following 2015 SLC conference t-shirt winner and 2015 NLC pin design winners who will be recognized at the 2015 SLC Special Recognition Ceremony on Wednesday evening at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel:
Rockwall High School
Georgia Mayo, Advisor
Mercedes High School Chapter 3
Leticia Arce, Advisor
Pin Design Winners
Jaime Alberto Spencer
Midland High School
Jackeline Dominguez, Advisor
Weslaco East High School Chapter 2
Enrique Gonzalez, Advisor