The above titled scholarships are named after two former teachers and pillars in the Business Professionals of America (BPA) community. Due to their dedication and contributions to the success of Texas BPA, these scholarships are named in their honor.
Mildred Woerndel - Ms. Woerndel taught at Seguin High School for 43 years and has served on the Board of Directors of Business Professionals of America - Texas Association, served as a regional advisor, as well as a school chapter advisor. She also served on the Business Professionals of America Board of Trustees. Ms. Woerndel passed away on January 20, 2016. To read more about her life or offer your condolences, please follow this link.
Vickie Thomas - Ms. Thomas was an employee of Houston Independent School District for 22 years, serving as a teacher and Career Technology Education administrator. She was Business Professionals of America Texas State Advisor for ten years and is currently serving as the Assistant Director of Education at the BPA National Center.
Due to their dedication the above scholarships are named in their honor.
Applicants must currently be a paid State and National member of BPA
Applicants must be a graduating senior planning to continue his/her education
Applicants must have participated in a BPA competition (Regional, State or National)
Email all documents combined as “One” PDF file
Submit the 2017 Application Form with complete packets to this email address:
Incomplete packets and packets received after the deadline will not be accepted.
The top 20 scores based on the above guidelines will be notified for an interview. This interview will be an additional 100 points of the total score, and scholarship monies will be awarded to the top 14 applicants.
· 2016 Scholarship required documentation must be post-marked by January 15, 2017 to receive scholarship.
· 2017 Scholarship required documentation must be post-marked by January 19, 2018 to receive scholarship.
· Provide an official registration from the post-secondary school. The receipt must provide recipients complete name, address, and social security number.
· An on-line generated registration confirmation printout will not be allowed.
· A check will be issued and sent via certified mail by the treasurer when all requirements are met.
Send scholarship questions to: email@example.com